Bois de Boulogne
The Bois de Boulogne, over 2,000 acres park, was once a royal hunting forest. Today, it's many things in one, and you can easily spend the whole day here. When the kids need a break from sightseeing in Paris, relax in the Jardin d'Acclimatation.
Jardin d'Acclimatation -
The new Jardin d'Acclimatation leisure and amusement park for families is delightful. On our blog
Jardin d'Acclimatation Paris
for all the details.
- Take to the air in flying boats, side-cars, WWI bi-planes, glide through the water on the Enchanted River, ride galloping horses and green frogs, thrills on steam engine and speed rockets roller coasters.
- Two charming carousels, the double decker Grande Carousel, and just for little ones, a Petit Carousel.
- Kids will have fun scrambling around the free play areas with rope bridges, slides and wooden ladders.
Bring swim suits or a change of clothes for two
water play areas
- La Pataugeoire and Fontaine Seche. Cooling and fun for a hot summer day.
Farm and "Les Animaux"
- Visit the Normandy "petite ferme" with sheep, chickens, rabbits, feed the goats, an aviary with birds from around the world, and Alpine Rock to see bighorn sheep and marmots. Pony, donkey and camel rides are available.
- Enjoy brightly colored pavilions, swans and ducks, and go for a ride in an electric boat across the lake.
Le Theatre de Guignol
- The 30 min. puppet shows are Wed., Sat. and Sun., and daily during school vacations.
Fun food and picnic areas
Find cafes and snack bars in the Jardin, but also bring your lunch, and join all the other French families with their picnics, enjoying the shade, grass, and picnic areas.
Le Petit Train
- Fun way to get to the Jardin d'Acclimatation? Take a ride on a charming 19th century-style miniature train from Porte Maillot to the entrance of the Jardin d'Acclimatation.
Fondation Louis Vuitton
- Located next to the Jardin, this is a contemporary art museum, with artworks from around the world. Artworks by Japanese artist Takashi Murakami have particular appeal for kids. And the building itself is an experience, go up to the terrace for views of Paris.
Saint James Lake (Mare de Saint-James)
- Charming pond, with swans (baby swans are adorable) and ducks, snack bar, quiet peaceful spot for little kids to run around, benches, and walkway for strollers.
- Take a long bike ride through the park. Rent bikes near the Lac Inferieur, or near the entrance to the Jardin D'Acclimatation. Kids' bikes and bikes with kid seats are available.
- Rent a wooden rowboat at the Lac Inferieur and float around the little islands in the lake. Or take the little shuttle barge across the lake to the Chalet des Iles. Watch the radio controlled boats on the Lac Superieur.
- After a new snow, the Bois de Boulogne is a sparkling fairyland. There's ice skating on the Lac pour le Patinage.
: There are cafes and restaurants in the Bois de Boulogne, but come with a picnic, if the weather is nice.