Mission Bay - SeaWorld
At Mission Bay, it always feels like summer. The bay is lined with sandy beaches, palm trees and grassy areas, no waves in the calm waters. There's nothing like a picnic dinner, where you can relax while the kids dig in the sand or splash in the water ...
- Mission Bay is the perfect spot to picnic, play in the sand and swim in the warm water (no waves in the bay). All around Mission Bay are grassy areas and picnic tables. There are lifeguards at the swimming areas in spring and summer.
Boating, sailing and pedal boating
Mission Bay is also the perfect place
for water sports. Rent a sail boat, motor boat, kayaks, and take a turn
around the Bay. There are plenty of places to explore, and nice breezes
if you're sailing.
Pedal boating and paddle boards are great fun for kids. Rent boats and boards at Action Sports Rentals at Dana Landing, Mission Bay Sport Center Santa Clara Pl.
Crown Point Shores
- Swimming area, picnic tables, bar-b-que pits, playground, bike path. The
extends west for miles around Mission Bay, ending at Sail Bay.
- Swimming area.
- Swimming area, picnic tables, watersports.
- Swimming area, picnic tables, playground.
Tecolote Shores Park
- Swimming, playground and picnic areas, watersports. Fly kites here.
SeaWorld San Diego
- SeaWorld is always fun for the whole family, from the littlest ones to bigger kids.
Take in the shows - bottlenose dolphins, sea lions and more. You'll be oohing and aahing and laughing the whole time. If you sit in the front rows, be prepared to get wet!
Get a close look at sharks, turtles, penguins in the exhibits. Touch a bat ray (they're rough and smooth at the same time), dolphins or sea stars in the touch pools.
For a panoramic view of Mission Bay and the beaches, take a ride up the Sea World Sky Tower.
Belmont Park (Mission Beach)
- Belmont Park is an old fashioned amusement park with a big Giant Dipper Roller Coaster, bumper cars, tilt-a-whirl, speedway, carousel, and indoor playland.
Plus zip lines, climbing wall, climb a coconut tree, mini golf, laser tag.
Belmont Park also has cafes and restaurants for meals and snacks. South of the amusement park is a grassy area, perfect for